Sunday, February 16, 2014

Around the House

January flew by and now we are in the middle of February already! Time needs to stop! (But I desperately want this school year over with!)

Here's what we've been doing...
A few weeks ago last minute we decided to hit up the Ft. Worth Stockyard Rodeo that comes once a year. It was really fun! Sort of like the St. Fair but less people! We went on a beautiful day and we all had fun. 

 This kid just blows me away sometimes. He literally was in his stroller all day but just had the best time. He kicked up his leg on top of the tray of the stroller. Laid back. Gotta love him!
 We had to literally watch were we stepped b/c of the animal droppings all over the place. And were were totally out of place because we didn't have on cowboy boots/hats. Funny stuff though.
 We also went to the historic downtown where they have Billy Bobs so we walked around and had an early dinner.

Gracie's been knee deep in selling cookies. (What did I get myself into???)
I knew she was good for something! He doesn't care who gives him a bottle, just someone give him a bottle!!
 We had a beautiful snow one day but pretty much melted by the time we all got home. We got to have a little fun but not much!
Gracie ate some snow and Ramsey just thought it was too cold!
Last week kicked off Friendship Week at her school. A different theme every day. To start off they had an anti-bully magician come in to do a program. (Have to start early teaching about bullies these days!) So guess who got picked from the audience to come up on stage?? This girl. She's funny like that! She loved every second of it and got to help out. She said he was looking for the kids to make a mean 'bully' face and she got chosen. I said "Yes, you have lots of practice making a mean face b/c you make one to me all the time!" Yes, she does.
That started our long weekend of never ending events. I now need a calendar just to keep up with Gracie's social events. Family fun cowboy night, soccer practice, tea party, gymnastics Daisy Lock in, and then some sleep! Holy cow! She's busy. And I'm the one racing her to each event exhausted!
100th day of Kinder was celebrated and a super fun day.
And this boy? Well if he's not just the happiest (most of the time) baby boy ever. We just is along for the ride and thinks his sister hung the moon. He never takes his eyes off of her. In the car especially. He's got to have a crick in his neck from turning to watch her at all times!

And he turned 10 months old! Make it stop. He's crawling now all over the place! He just loves exploring the house. I 'm constantly on the floor wiping up or getting crumbs before he discovers them.
We finally made it to Valentines Day! Loved that it was on a Friday this year! The kids got goodies and had a fun day. We scrambled home for soccer practice and early dinner at home because Gracie started her games the next day.
Lucky me though who got to volunteer for the first time at her school for the party. It was so fun! I had so much fun and realize now that I can NEVER teach kindergarten. Holy cow. Bless her teacher. I will say Gracie was very good with me there. Most kids were/are silly/act up when Mom's around. Not her. I didn't stay right next to her on purpose. I tried to help other kids. She just did what she was told and had fun. It was a special day! Love this girl and her sweet, sweet teacher! I'm already begging her to go on to 1st grade with them! Gracie has learned so much and just LOVES school. She's really good at math. I'm surprised! Was not my strong point. For hw the other day she was putting 2 digit numbers in order from least to greatest. Hello! I used to teach that in 2nd grade. For real. Over Christmas break she learned to tie her shoes and now loves to help others tie their shows. She knows our address and can recite and call my phone number. Her reading is really improving and she loves writing stories. So fun! I want her to stay in Kinder forever!!



No comments: