Monday, August 25, 2014

First Day of First Grade





I'm not sure how but somehow our baby started 1st grade today. I keep wanting to say Kinder, but she's not in Kinder anymore! As I was walking her down the long hallway today, our hands held tightly, I had a flashback of coming home from the hospital with this beautiful baby girl, dressed in a pink gown. Then I realized where I was and wanted to cry. I kept telling myself  "how can this be??"

Sweet Gracie did great but seemed more nervous this year than last! Last year she came bouncing in the school all ready but this year was different. She's been anxious, worried, upset. Very unlike her. Lots of new changes taking place in first grade for her but we are praying she does okay and has a great year! Her teacher is really sweet and loved her bribery teacher gift, ha! We sent cookies and she was so impressed. Whatever it takes, right? She did have a good day but was exhausted and starving! 

And I made Ramsey get in on the action too. I wanted a first day pic because I know at the end he'll be all grown up again! We did his yesterday and the ONLY thing that got him to stop walking was me singing "Itzy Bitzy Spider" (his favorite song!) Otherwise he was a giant blurry blob on all the pictures! 

Happy First Day! 

No comments: