Saturday, May 30, 2009

Show Us Where You Live Friday

Over at Kelly’s Korner she hosts a Friday post showing different rooms of your house. This week is Children’s rooms/nurseries. I had to participate this week because I LOVE Gracie’s room. (I know it’s Saturday too but I’ve been too busy to get pictures before now!)

April 16th, 2007 was the day we found out we were having a little girl. I have always loved black and white toile and my mom (GG) is the best shopper in the world. She found it and that’s how it all started! The bedding is black and white with a touch of pink. I love that we got black furniture for her room…

bed1

This was my dresser growing up… we added some paint and new knobs!

IMG_1733

Above the dresser…

IMG_1734

View from the door…

g's room1

Her book nook corner. This was a Craigslist buy… LOVE IT! It’s a custom made doll house book shelf. It’s very sturdy and will last a long time. She loves reading books and listening to her music from the music player.

IMG_1738

My friend Leslie in New Orleans had these letters painted before she was born. The picture does not do them justice. They perfectly match her room- the cutest thing ever!

letters

This is her closet door. She has her “Miss October” onesie hanging and a “Gracie” onesie. I can’t believe she used to be little enough to wear them! Notice the precious Happy Birthday Gracie sign. A sweet girl made this for her. She is a full time teacher has 2 kids, and paints all night! She has the cutest website Oh So Spoiled and is here in McKinney. I sent her pictures of G’s room and the idea and she did the rest, such talent! It is something we can use for birthday decorating forever!

IMG_1739

Doesn’t every girl have a chandelier?

IMG_1732_edited-1

Her closet… she happens to have the SMALLEST closet in the whole house and only 1 rack. We will have to add another rack soon!

IMG_1740

Isn’t this so cute? It’s a door hanger! Her Great-Great Aunt Sharon in Minnesota just gave this to her. She thought it would match her room and it does!

IMG_1741

Her room is definitely a work in progress but I still love how it turned out. The next big thing I want is shelves made to go all the way around her room to display all the dolls!

And finally… just as I am typing this she literally drapes her arms around my neck (her new favorite thing to do) and her Daddy snaps this cute pic. Me and My Gracie Girl!

IMG_1743_edited-1

I hope you enjoyed the pics!!

**You should check out Kelly’s Korner. She has the cutest, sweetest baby girl named Harper. She is just a down to Earth girl and I love reading her blog! By the way, we are # 401 on the list! "Gracie Girl"!!!

4 comments:

Grasso10 said...

Your little girl is so cute! I love the room. Good buy on the doll house book shelf. Thanks for sharing.

Grasso10 said...

Your little girl is so cute! I love the room. Good buy on the doll house book shelf. Thanks for sharing.

Heather said...

I love Gracie's room and that chandelier is so pretty!! You did a great job!!!

Ashley said...

Stopping by a little late, but I wanted to say how cute your room is!!! I LOVE the doll house!!!
-Ash-